heya, i've been good. how about you?*
Hey. It has been a while, yet it didn't seem that long. A lot of things have happened in the past 6 months and I have changed as a person. Here are some updates to share:
- I celebrated another birthday last week. Usually, I would spend the night before and actual birthday pondering over the past year and what I want to do in the next. This year, I slept like a baby at 10.00pm on the eve. For the first time, my future seemed so secure that I can confidently say that I am truly happy. No more pondering required.
- I quit my job. I will be serving my notice until mid December, which is great timing as I surely do not want to carry this ugly baggage to next year. It is so hard to work in an political environment filled with insecure peers, who are out to stab each other, at whatever costs. While I had been naive to believe that if I could just go to work and not get involved, it proved to be hard when I hold a senior position. Somehow, one way or another, I got roped in. I hate that. I really, really hate that. When I realised my 2 bosses had violated my trust, I need not think twice of quitting. At the end of the day, it's just a job - it does not define who I am as a person.
- After the resignation, I am finally able to lead a decent lifestyle. I work from 9.30am to 6.00pm and am now able to catch up with friends and some episodes of Oprah. That's priceless.
- God has been very good to me, all the time. For that alone, I feel blessed.
- Last and most importantly, I have finally found my other half, someone who complements me as a person and me him. It tooked a long time, but it is definitely worth the wait. No word can describe how much I look forward to spend a simple and fulfilling life with him soon.
In a nutshell, I have decided to declutter my life by letting go of some not so important stuff, to welcome the important new ones. It really feels great. I leave you this word of wisdom borrowed from Jemima
October 02, 2008 // anjali* pranced on tip-toes all over the keyboard at 4:32 pm