HOWDY! This is a platform for me to express myself. To bare my thoughts, emotions and life stories. Leaving bite-size pieces of me before I go. I graciously invite you to comment, swap stories and thoughts. Please post your comment or get in touch with me here.
Jakarta trip, I felt that I soooo needed a makeover for my home. There were so many things that just do not fit anymore.
1. The main curtains have to go, for something that can create a more warmer mood and also fit better to my ruby red wall. Key word is "ambience".
2. Some dying plants just needed to be thrown away. To me, dying plants = bad vibes for the house = bad for me. Not good if I want 2008 to be a prosperous year for me.
3. I also need one more giant plant for the living room area - I had in mind a 10-feet tall plant with huge leaves. When I say huge leaves I mean each leaf has to be bigger than the size of my face. And as you know, I have a big head, to fit my big mouth. Ha.
4. The dining are need to be enhanced in terms of lighting. I hate eating under flourescent light - they just make the food look unappetising. Bland. Bleh.
5. The kitchen needs more plants too. At least 2.
6. Last and most importantly, I need to get a new mattress, to replace my current 8-year old and also a proper bed.
So the week before Chinese New Year, I got myself extremely busy and did my own home makeover. I must stressed how very pleased I am with the result. I think I have a good future in interior decorating. Most of my deco items are not expensive, and I love to mix and match purchases from different home deco outlets, so that they reflect my personality. As it should, since I spend most of my time at home.
Without much ado, I present to you the "new" Hermitsville.
(You can compare how it used to like before here)
February 20, 2008 // anjali* pranced on tip-toes all over the keyboard at 10:45 pm
Since December, one of my favourite shows on AFC is "The F Word" which features the celebrity chef, Gordon Ramsay. There's something about him that makes my eyeballs hooked to the TV screen - his sarcasm, the deep wrinkled face and the "toot" sounds that's supposed to erase his swearing in the kitchen. Like duhh, the show is after all called "The F Word", like I don't know what that "toot" sounds are meant for. Fantastic, perhaps? Or Fabulous? Fun? Fickle? Funny? Fantabulous? Oh stop already.
There was one episode which showed him having to give up his 2 lady pigs to the slaughter house. He was all restless and felt uneasy to the task ahead - that only makes me wanna hug the TV screen, pretending it is him, all square in shape. Heh.
If you have not watched the show, go catch it. I am sure you are gonna fall in love with this foul mouth who cooks. And when you do, remember I saw him first. So hands off. Heh.
February 08, 2008 // anjali* pranced on tip-toes all over the keyboard at 12:33 pm
Anyway, I was in Jakarta last week for work and stayed in the most gorgeous hotel room, ever. Ever ever. I mean, I had logged onto the hotel website the night before. Thus I knew it was a boutique hotel and that each room is uniquely designed. But wa liau eh, when I opened the room door and saw what unfolded before my eyes, I had to literally picked my jaw from the floor.
The room was a beauty. It is huge in size, nearly as big as my apartment, only much nicer. A whole lot nicer. A world of difference nicer. Super posh. Everything about it spells L-U-X-U-R-Y.
The bathroom was as big as my room - it has a walk-in closet area, the bath floor area is made of wood panelling...like those u find in Bali. Really nice. And the shower products are all from L'Occitane. Shamelessly I admit, I sapu everything into my bag. Heh. Ya ya, like you wouldn't do the same. Puh lease la.
That night as I lie myself down to bed, I said a word of gratitude for this new job of mine and absorbed myself fully into the luxury around me. And part of the lyrics from "Sit Down" by James echoed in my head..."If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor."
I can't wait to go back to Jakarta again. Another room this time.
February 03, 2008 // anjali* pranced on tip-toes all over the keyboard at 3:16 pm